Following a sold-out run in 2015, Vancouver dance company Joe Ink returns with 4OUR for one-night only at the Scotiabank Dance Centre this month. Here are five reasons we think you should go:
1. Joe Ink artistic director and choreographer, Joe Laughlin, performs alongside original members Gioconda Barbuto and Heather Dotto, and introduces Dora Award-nominated dancer Jarrett Siddall.
2. The multiple award-winning Laughlin comes with an impressive pedigree, having celebrated 25 years as a dancer and choreographer in 2013.
3. The work explores family dynamics and cross-generational relationships as it echoes the evolution of life’s journey, from early childhood through adulthood and onward until we lose the people we love.
4. More than simply dance, 4OUR is enhanced through its costumes, visuals and sound design.
5. This is an opportunity to send-off the company before it embarks on its Atlantic tour that will include stops in New Brunswick, Newfoundland, and Labrador.
4OUR plays at the Scotiabank Dance Centre (677 Davie St, Vancouver) on September 19. Visit http://joeink.ca for tickets and information.