Back by popular demand, the Chan Centre once again presents jazz vocalist Cécile Mclorin Salvant in concert in support of her latest release For One To Love. Here are five reasons we think you should go:
1. Salvant rose to fame in 2010 when at age 21 she won the prestigious Thenolious Monk Jazz Competition.
2. Audiences were taken aback by this extraordinary 26-year old prodigy when she performed at the Chan Centre last season.The young star returns by popular demand.
3. The bold new songs she will perform in this session include tracks from the recent album, For One to Love, which won the 2016 GRAMMY for Best Vocal Jazz Album.
4. Audiences may recognize Salvant’s voice from Chanel’s Chance perfume ads and on the soundtrack for the HBO series Bessie.
5. This is a chance to see the Salvant as she rises the ranks to super stardom.
Cécile Mclorin Salvant performs in the Chan Shun Concert Hall at the Chan Centre for the Performing Arts at the University of British Columbia on May 1. Visit http://chancentre.com for tickets and information.