Raven Spirit Dance in partnership with The Dance Centre presents Earth Song, an evening of contemporary Aboriginal dance works, including two new works. Here are five reasons we think you should go:
1. Earth Song is a unique opportunity for Vancouver audiences to see a trio of dance works from an Aboriginal worldview.
2. Starr Muranko’s Spine of the Mother is the culmination of a multi-year international collaboration that brings together Indigenous artists from Canada and Peru.
3. Michelle Olson’s Northern Journey is inspired by the land we carry inside of us and has been ten years in the making. Olson is now “ready to have its ghosts released that are trapped inside”.
4. As an added bonus, choreographers Floyd Favel and Michelle Olson present Frost Exploding Trees Moon, a solo piece which follows the journey of a woman traveling her trap line.
5. This is the latest in The Dance Centre’s popular Global Dance Connections series that features boundary-busting contemporary dance from local and international companies.