The Good Noise Vancouver Gospel Choir wraps up its season as it welcomes Vancouver vocalist Dawn Pemberton and the White Rock Children’s Choir to Soul Gospel. Here are five reasons you should go:
1. The title says it all in a concert that is a combination of soul music favourites and gospel classics.
2. Guest artist Dawn Pemberton, a staple of the Westcoast music scene, will demonstrate her mighty vocal power, while charming audiences with her vivacity and funky style.
3. Joining Good Noise will be the world-touring White Rock Children’s Choir. Led by Music Director Sarona Mynhardt, the group have sung for Archbishop Desmond Tutu and former Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper, toured as far as South Africa, Italy, and Mexico, and performed at St. Peter’s Basilica, Canterbury Cathedral, and Carnegie Hall.
4. The program of gospel and soul will having audiences swaying with songs like “Have a Talk with God” by Stevie Wonder, the GRAMMY award-winning single “Ain’t No Need to Worry” by Anita Baker and the Winans, and James Taylor’s moving “Shed a Little Light”.
5. Audiences will have an opportunity to hear the combined 140 voices of the Good Noise Vancouver Gospel Choir and White Rock Children’s Choir inside the Christ Church Cathedral in downtown Vancouver.
Soul Gospel plays the Christ Church Cathedral (690 Burrard St, Vancouver) on May 28 at 3pm and 7:30pm. Visit http://goodnoisevgc.com for tickets and information.