A sure sign of warmer weather, Theatre Under the Stars has been entertaining Vancouver audiences for 75 years. This year the summer tradition continues with productions of Hairspray and Oliver! on alternating nights.
Here are five reasons we think you should go:
1. Malkin Bowl’s beautiful setting inside the majestic Stanley Park is like no other venue in the city (or the world).
2. You can bring your own picnic or purchase some food from the Garden Cafe and enjoy a pre-show dinner on the lawns around Malkin Bowl, or inside the theatre on the grass.
3. Its family-friendly entertainment is a great opportunity for the entire clan to enjoy theatre together.
4. With its central message of racial tolerance, Hairspray is a particularly poignant show given recent events in the world.
5. Audiences going to Oliver! will have an opportunity to participate in an English Village Fair featuring live music, a Punch & Judy show, foot races and feats of amazement from gymnasts, jugglers, and acrobats.
Hairspray and Oliver! play on alternating nights at Stanley Park’s Malkin Bowl from July 10 – August 22. Visit http://tuts.ca for tickets and information.