West Vancouver celebrates the arts as the Harmony Arts Festival gets underway next week along that city’s waterfront. Here are five reasons you should go:
1. Kids: bring the kids down for the Artsy Kids Outdoor Studio with artists-run workshops and hands-on art making activities such as kite making, origami, button making, print making and more.
2. Art: attendees will have the chance to purchase artwork from the Art Market which will feature a mid-week Art of Photography exhibition.
3. Literature: new this year is the Readings in the Park series. Among the events in the series include a crime panel featuring local authors William Deverell, Ian Hamilton and Sam Wiebe on August 2.
4. Music: The popular Sunset Concerts return featuring a diverse range of acts each evening including Lion, Bear, Fox, Jordan Klassen, and Babe Gurr.
5. Film: Cinema in the Park returns with movie screenings at 9pm every evening. This year’s movie screenings will include Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark, The Wizard of Oz, A League of Their Own and Sleepless in Seattle.
The Harmony Arts Festival takes place along the waterfront in West Vancouver from July 29-August 7. Visit http://harmonyarts.ca for the complete schedule.