Fringe Festival favourites James & Jamesy are putting down their teacups for their latest British-inspired romp, In The Dark. Here are five reasons we think you should go:
1. The duo are winners of an impressive sixteen ‘Best of Fest’ awards from various Fringe Festivals across the country.
2. In The Dark is a visually interesting show with the duo donning custom-built, illuminated costumes. The idea came after they were hired to perform at an outdoor music festival in 2014, at night and without technical support. The result was one-of-a-kind headpieces that become roaming theatre spotlights.
3. This is a unique departure for the two physical comedy masters, who are usually associated with their wild adventures over a cup of tea.
4. In The Dark, described as a blend of Pixar’s playfulness and the existential ponderings of Beckett, asks the age-old questions: who are we, and why are we here?
5. Like a really good animated film, In The Dark is suitable for all ages with their blend of adult word play and kid-friendly antics.
In The Dark plays the Waterfront Theatre on Granville Island from October 5-16. Visit http://jamesandjamesy.com for tickets and information.