Five years later our coverage of the Vancouver arts scene remains unprecedented with a total of 1,761 articles across all categories (that is nearly one article every day for five years).
Here are some of the statistics we’ve gathered over the past half-decade:
- 7+ incredible contributors and passionate advocates of the arts
- 59 Facebook Live videos (you can also find them on our YouTube channel) which have collectively been viewed nearly 100,000 times
- 145 artists showcased in our #20Questions series
- 153 shows featured in our #FridayFive series
- 205 reviews & previews of Vancouver Fringe shows
- 208 articles on music, dance, and other performing arts
- 975 theatre articles including 572 reviews (that’s over 113 reviews every year)
- Countless entries in our calendar of events
Of course, we couldn’t continue to do it without you, our faithful readers, the arts organizations who invite us to talk about & see their work, and the publicists who pitch us many of the stories we tell.
But we still need your help!
While we do it for the love of live performing arts (none of us get paid, and all of us have another job), we have desire to know we’re making a difference. And what better way to prove it than by:
- Following us on Twitter
- Liking our Facebook page
- Subscribing to our YouTube channel
- Sharing our content
- Telling your friends about us
We largely rely on word-of-mouth to grow our audience. Our only income comes from the ad network revenue on our site, which still doesn’t cover the basic costs of running Vancouver Presents.
We can only continue to do it with your help, and to ensure we will be around for another five years!
Thanks for being part of our corner of the internet and celebrating the incredible talent Vancouver has to offer on stage.