This week we ask Ballet BC dancer Andrew Bartee our 20 questions.
Meet Andrew Bartee
Andrew, from Everett, WA, studied on scholarship at Pacific Northwest Ballet School and attended summer courses at the School of American Ballet. He was one of the first recipients of the Flemming Halby Dance Student Exchange with the Royal Danish Ballet School and a 2007 Princess Grace Award winner. Andrew joined Pacific Northwest Ballet in 2008. As a choreographer, he has created works for Pacific Northwest Ballet, PNB’s Choreographers’ Showcase, the Seattle International Dance Festival, Ballet Tucson’s Roots of Choreography Showcase, Whim W’Him and Velocity’s Fall Kick Off.
Visit https://balletbc.com for more information on the Ballet BC 2014/2015 season.
20 Questions with Andrew Bartee
1. Your first job.
Pacific Northwest Ballet.
2. The job you always wanted as a child.
3. Your pet peeve.
4. Your hero.
5. Your biggest indulgence.
I eat Nutella on everything.
6. One thing no one knows about you (and you’re willing to share).
I love washing dishes by hand.
7. Three things you would want with you on a deserted island.
Mirror, rope and a lifetime supply of Nutella.
8. The one word your best friend would use to describe you.
9. If you were not a performer what would you be doing right now?
Professional Facebook stalker.
10. Hero or villain.
11. Your life’s motto/mantra.
Swag don’t come cheap.
12. Your favourite kind of dance (classical or contemporary).
13. The last movie you watched.
14. If you were a breakfast cereal what breakfast cereal would you be?
15. What will it say on your grave marker?
Please do not disturb.
16. Who would you most like to have dinner with?
17. Your idea of happiness.
18. If you could go back in time, what would you tell your twenty year old self?
19. The one thing in your life that makes you most proud.
I sleep really well on airplanes.
20. Pirouette or fouette?