Meet Indonesian filmmaker Andri Cung.
Cung brings his new film The Sun, the Moon and the Hurricane to the 2014 Vancouver International Film Festival at which is nominated for Best New Director. The Sun, the Moon and the Hurricane screens on September 28 & October 1 at The Cinematheque. Visit http://viff.org for tickets and information.
Meet Andri Cung
Starting out as a fashion and commercial photographer, Andri Cung began working in film as an assistant director for television before going on to direct several commercials and music videos. His first short film, Red Umbrella, was selected by Oliver Stone as “Best Asian Short Film” at Screen Singapore. The Sun, The Moon & The Hurricane marks his first feature film following his work on 3SUM, an anthology of three shorts in three different genres that was released theatrically in Indonesia earlier this year.
20 Questions with Andri Cung
1. Your first job.
A tour guide.
2. The job you always wanted as a child.
Working at a supermarket.
3. Your pet peeve.
4. Your hero.
5. Your biggest indulgence.
6. One thing no one knows about you (and you’re willing to share).
I read the Bible every day.
7. Three things you would want with you on a deserted island.
A radio, fresh water and … Doraemon!
8. The one word your best friend would use to describe you.
9. If you were not a filmmaker what would you be doing right now?
A travel journalist.
10. Hero or villain.
11. Your life’s motto/mantra.
12. Your favourite movie.
13. The last book you read.
Saman, by Inonesian writer Ayu Utami.
14. If you were a cartoon character what cartoon character would you be?
15. What will it say on your grave marker?
He who believed.
16. Who would you most like to have dinner with?
17. Your idea of happiness.
18. If you could go forward in time, what will have been your greatest accomplishment in 10 years?
Owning a retirement centre.
19. The one thing in your life that makes you most proud.
20. To be or not to be?