Meet Vancouver-based actor, Chilton Crane.
Meet Chilton Crane
Chilton has been a professional actor for 25+ years, most recently co-starring in the feature film Cut Bank with Liam Hemsworth, John Malkovich and Billy Bob Thornton, plus many lead, recurring and guest star credits including 4400, Supernatural, Final Destination 2, The L Word, V, The X-Files and many others. Through the William Davis Centre at VanArts, Chilton has the longest-running film & television part-time course in the city and brings all of her energy and experience to each and every class, demanding and encouraging the best of her students, while preparing them for their careers in the film and television industry.
She is married to actor Bruce Dawson and between them they have four children. She is very proud to be able to share the stage with her lovely and talented daughter Avery Crane in The Other Place.
20 Questions with Chilton Crane
1. Your first job.
Cashier in a grocery store.
2. The job you always wanted as a child.
3. Your pet peeve.
4. Your hero.
5. Your biggest indulgence.
6. One thing no one knows about you (and you’re willing to share).
Well, my close family and friends know, but most don’t – I am an avid soccer fan … during the season I watch anywhere from 4 to 8 games a week.
7. Three things you would want with you on a deserted island.
Water of course, my husband and I guess red wine.
8. The one word your best friend would use to describe you.
Generous (I think).
9. If you were not an actor what would you be doing right now?
Mixologist or chef.
10. Hero or villain.
Villain sounds like more fun, but everybody wants to a hero sometimes.
11. Your life’s motto/mantra.
Live and learn and laugh.
12. Your favourite playwright or author.
Well right now that would have to be Sharr White … I am living and breathing his words every minute of my day.
13. The last book you read.
“Still Alice” by Lisa Genova
14. If you were a breakfast cereal what breakfast cereal would you be?
15. What will it say on your grave marker?
She made a mean cocktail!
16. Who would you most like to have dinner with?
That’s tricky … Vanessa Redgrave, Meryl Streep and Emma Thompson all at the same time.
17. Your idea of happiness.
Being with my family, me cooking and bartending (I love it).
18. If you could go back in time, what would you tell your twenty year old self?
Go for it, don’t hold back, don’t apologize and you have lots of time for relationships.
19. The one thing in your life that makes you most proud.
20. To be or not to be?
To be, definitely.