This week we meet Ballet BC apprentice Kiego Nozaki.
Meet Kiego Nozaki
Keigo was born in Japan, training with Kae Izumi and later with Dolores Kirkwood. He began his professional training at Canada’s Royal Winnipeg Ballet School in 2008 and on graduation in 2011 Keigo joined RWB’s Aspirant program. In 2012/2013, he worked with Nordharzer Städtebundtheater in Germany under the direction of Jaroslav Jurasz, dancing the lead in Amadeus. In 2013/2014, Keigo joined Noism2 under Jo Kanamori in Niigata, Japan and performed choreography by Kanamori and Yuki Yamada. He has also danced in summer intensives with the RWB School and Hubbard Street Dance Chicago.
Visit http://balletbc.com for more information on the Ballet BC 2014/2015 season.
20 Questions with Kiego Nozaki
1. Your first job.
Kitchen assistant at Royal Winnipeg Ballet residence.
2. The job you always wanted as a child.
3. Your pet peeve.
Someone checking their phone all the time.
4. Your hero.
5. Your biggest indulgence.
6. One thing no one knows about you (and you’re willing to share).
I have a long hair growing on my left shoulder.
7. Three things you would want with you on a deserted island.
Pillow, my favourite shoes, and rice.
8. The one word your best friend would use to describe you.
9. If you were not a performer what would you be doing right now?
I would be living in Japan.
10. Hero or villain.
Villains are cooler than heroes!
11. Your life’s motto/mantra.
Everything will be as it should be.
12. Your favourite kind of dance (classical or contemporary).
Maurice Béjart’s Boléro.
13. The last movie you watched.
14. If you were a breakfast cereal what breakfast cereal would you be?
15. What will it say on your grave marker?
You only die once.
16. Who would you most like to have dinner with?
17. Your idea of happiness.
I can eat delicious food everyday!
18. If you could go back in time, what would you tell your twenty year old self?
Do more stupid things.
19. The one thing in your life that makes you most proud.
I am Japanese.
20. Pirouette or fouette?