This week we meet dancer Livona Ellis who returns to Ballet BC for a fifth season.
Meet Livona Ellis
Vancouver-born Livona Ellis started dancing at the age of 11 at Arts Umbrella under the direction of Artemis Gordon, joining the Arts Umbrella Dance Company soon afterward. Livona has been fortunate to work with world-renowned artists Johan Inger, Medhi Valerski, and Jacopo Godani. Recently she was a part of Springboard Danse Montreal, Movement Invention Project, The Banff Professional Dance Program and the San Francisco Conservatory of Dance Summer Program.
Visit http://balletbc.com for more information on the Ballet BC 2014/2015 season.
20 Questions with Livona Ellis
1. Your first job.
Sales associate at my aunt’s clothing boutique.
2. The job you always wanted as a child.
3. Your pet peeve.
When someone leaves the toilet paper roll empty and people who can’t laugh at themselves.
4. Your hero.
5. Your biggest indulgence.
Food and wine.
6. One thing no one knows about you (and you’re willing to share).
I had a tooth in the roof of my mouth for two years.
7. Three things you would want with you on a deserted island.
A pot, a knife and a solar powered iPod.
8. The one word your best friend would use to describe you.
9. If you were not a performer what would you be doing right now?
10. Hero or villain.
11. Your life’s motto/mantra.
Everything happens for a reason.
12. Your favourite kind of dance (classical or contemporary).
13. The last movie you watched.
Godzilla (it was terrible).
14. If you were a breakfast cereal what breakfast cereal would you be?
No-name brand cornflakes (I grew up eating them as a kid).
15. What will it say on your grave marker?
Loved the best, had fun with the rest.
16. Who would you most like to have dinner with?
My late grandparents.
17. Your idea of happiness.
Living in the moment.
18. If you could go back in time, what would you tell your twenty year old self?
Don’t waste time.
19. The one thing in your life that makes you most proud.
Surpassing people’s expectations and striving for what I want.
20. Pirouette or fouette?