This week we meet Ballet BC apprentice Nicholas Bellefleur.
Meet Nicholas Bellefleur
Born in Trois-Rivières, Nicholas trained at École supérieure de ballet du Québec under the direction of Anik Bissonnette. He attended the Forsythe-based summer course ART Of in Berlin and performed some of the repertoire of Les Ballets Jazz de Montréal at Springboard Danse Montreal. Nicholas has been seen on national television’s IIs dansent avec Nico Archambault in 2011. He has worked with great artists such as Andrea Boardman, Edgar Zendejas, James Gregg, Kathryn Bennetts, Gioconda Barbuto, Steve Coutereel, Cathryn Croft and Lisa Davies.
Visit https://balletbc.com for more information on the Ballet BC 2014/2015 season.
20 Questions with Nicholas Bellefleur
1. Your first job.
Dancer on a TV show on national television.
2. The job you always wanted as a child.
3. Your pet peeve.
4. Your hero.
5. Your biggest indulgence.
6. One thing no one knows about you (and you’re willing to share).
I’m afraid that if I shave my beard completely, people will treat me like I’m a younger person.
7. Three things you would want with you on a deserted island.
Two friends and water.
8. The one word your best friend would use to describe you.
9. If you were not a dancer what would you be doing right now?
10. Hero or villain.
11. Your life’s motto/mantra.
“L’art lave notre âme de la poussière du quotidien”
“Art washes away from our soul the dust everyday life”
12. Your favourite kind of dance (classical or contemporary).
To watch : Neo-classical.
To do: Contemporary.
13. The last movie you watched.
14. If you were a breakfast cereal what breakfast cereal would you be?
15. What will it say on your grave marker?
I’m not sure about what will be written on it, but there will be a sculpture looking like Jeff Koon’s’ art, but better, you know?
16. Who would you most like to have dinner with?
Nat King Cole.
17. Your idea of happiness.
Any kind of affection sign.
18. If you could go back in time, what would you tell your twenty year old self?
Your efforts will be rewarded.
19. The one thing in your life that makes you most proud.
Loving my job.
20. Pirouette or fouette?