Welcome to the latest in our 20 questions series featuring the dancers of the 2014/2015 Ballet BC season. This week we ask Scott Fowler for his answers.
Meet Scott Fowler
Born in Vancouver, Scott trained at Arts Umbrella under the direction of Artemis Gordon, and attended summer intensive programs at American Ballet Theatre, The National Ballet School and Jacob’s Pillow. He performed in Alberta Ballet’s The Nutcracker, Ballet BC’s Peter Pan and in the Opening Ceremony for the 2010 Olympic Winter Games in Vancouver. Scott received a scholarship grant from the BC Arts Council in 2010. In 2011, he toured the Netherlands, performing at Codarts and worked with Noord Nederlandse Dans. Scott was invited in 2013 by James Kudelka to perform See#3 as a guest artist for Coleman, Lemieux & Compagnie. Scott has been privileged to work with choreographers Aszure Barton, Gioconda Barbuto, James Kudelka, Emily Molnar, Jacopo Godani, Wen Wei Wang, Medhi Walerski, Cayetano Soto and Lesley Telford. This is Scott’s 1st season as a full company member.
Visit https://balletbc.com for more information on the Ballet BC 2014/2015 season.
20 Questions with Scott Fowler
1. Your first job.
Company member at Ballet BC.
2. The job you always wanted as a child.
3. Your pet peeve.
Un-clear recycling bags.
4. Your hero.
5. Your biggest indulgence.
6. One thing no one knows about you (and you’re willing to share).
I don’t snore.
7. Three things you would want with you on a deserted island.
Water and food.
8. The one word your best friend would use to describe you.
9. If you were not a performer what would you be doing right now?
Travelling the world.
10. Hero or villain.
Hero who’s friends with the villain.
11. Your life’s motto/mantra.
Live in the moment.
12. Your favourite kind of dance (classical or contemporary).
13. The last movie you watched.
14. If you were a breakfast cereal what breakfast cereal would you be?
15. What will it say on your grave marker?
Thanks for having me.
16. Who would you most like to have dinner with?
17. Your idea of happiness.
18. If you could go back in time, what would you tell your twenty year old self?
What happens, happens and you make it work
19. The one thing in your life that makes you most proud.
Where I’m from/where I live.
20. Pirouette or fouette?