This week we meet Tara Williamson, one of the new dancers at Ballet BC this season.
Meet Tara Williamson
Tara, originally from Richmond, BC, trained at the Richmond Academy of Dance. She danced with Alberta Ballet performing roles such as Juliet in Jean Grande-Maître’s Romeo and Juliet, Carabosse in Kirk Peterson’s Sleeping Beauty and Choleric in Balanchine’s Four Temperaments. After eight years at Alberta Ballet, she worked with Les Ballets Jazz de Montréal. The contemporary repertoire included works by Cayetano Soto, Barak Marshall and Wen Wei Wang. She is thrilled to be home in Vancouver and working with Emily Molnar at Ballet BC.
Visit http://balletbc.com for more information on the Ballet BC 2014/2015 season.
20 Questions with Tara Williamson
1. Your first job.
A movie with Mischa Barton called Frankie & Hazel.
2. The job you always wanted as a child.
Hehe … this one
3. Your pet peeve.
A wet floor after the shower has been used!
4. Your hero.
My brother who has Down syndrome.
5. Your biggest indulgence.
I made coconut custard cake. It was butter and heaven mixed into one.
6. One thing no one knows about you (and you’re willing to share).
Sometimes I like to have a private dance party.
7. Three things you would want with you on a deserted island.
A pot, a knife and a rope.
8. The one word your best friend would use to describe you.
9. If you were not a dancer what would you be doing right now?
I would be an occupational therapist for kids with special needs.
10. Hero or villain.
Hero of course!
11. Your life’s motto/mantra.
Smile and from the heart.
12. Your favourite kind of dance (classical or contemporary).
Romeo & Juliet … or The Robot?
13. The last movie you watched.
14. If you were a breakfast cereal what breakfast cereal would you be?
15. What will it say on your grave marker?
Hopefully that I was dearly loved!
16. Who would you most like to have dinner with?
Oprah or Clint Eastwood.
17. Your idea of happiness.
Being my best person or a glass of wine with my fiancé on the porch.
18. If you could go back in time, what would you tell your twenty year old self?
One less Jägerbomb.
19. The one thing in your life that makes you most proud.
The beautiful renovation of my house.
20. Pirouette or fouette?