Meet Victoria-based theatre artist Charles Ross.
20 Questions with Charles Ross
1. Your first job.
2. The job you always wanted as a child?
To be an astronaut.
3. Your pet peeve.
How much space does this article allow?
4. Your hero.
My family. All of them.
5. Your biggest indulgence.
6. One thing no one knows about you.
Dogs see in full-spectrum colour.
7. Three things you would want with you on a deserted island.
The Lord of the Rings complete tale in softcover; a catapult with the accuracy and range to fling me home; and reliable parachute.
8. The one word your best friend would use to describe you.
9. If they made a movie about your life, who would it star?
I don’t know, but I’d like a chance to audition.
10. Hero or villain?
Villain’s think they’re heroes and heroes think they’re villains. What’s the difference?
11. Your life’s motto/mantra.
Never write down your motto/mantra on a napkin and leave it in your pant’s pocket in the washing machine.
12. Your favourite playwright?
13. The last book you read.
My mum’s cookbook.
14. If you were a cartoon character, what cartoon character would you be, and why?
I would be Pluto, people like having me around but nobody understands me.
15. What will it say on your grave marker?
Best Before: etc.
16. Who would you most like to have dinner with?
17. Your idea of happiness.
18. If you could go back in time, what would you tell your twenty-year-old self?
Invest in this thing called Google and Twitter and Facebook and Yahoo and Westjet.
19. The one thing in your life that makes you most proud.
20. To be or not to be?
I’ll let you know.
About Charles Ross
Victoria-based Ross has played off-Broadway in New York, in London’s West End, at the Sydney Opera House and appeared on Late Night with Conan O’Brien and on The Today Show. You can find follow him on Twitter.