Meet Vancouver theatre professional Jessica Wagstaff.
This continues our special series featuring the 50th anniversary fall graduating class from Studio 58, the professional theatre training program at Langara College.
Meet Jessica Wagstaff
Originally from Ottawa, Jessica is so excited to be graduating this December and pursuing her television, film and stage career from east to west coast. Jessica is fraternal twin, with a brother and a schnoodle. She is super close with her kooky family, her Dad is Canadian and mom is Mexican and German. She speaks conversational French and Spanish and her Oma and Opa are two of my favorite people in the whole world. Before Studio 58 Jessica was studying to be a personal trainer and working in television and film. She loves to run, paint, read, write and do karaoke! She is also a sucker for chocolate and red wine.
20 Questions with Jessica Wagstaff
1. Your first job.
I was a hostess at Boston Pizza in Ottawa.
2. The job you always wanted as a child.
I wanted to be everything. An actress, a country singer, a painter and a marine biologist.
3. Your pet peeve.
The walking lane on escalators and misplacing things!
4. Your hero.
All of my strong women. My mom, my Oma, my aunt Cathy, Dale Genge.
5. Your biggest indulgence.
My biggest indulgences currently are Pizza Hut, Chipits cookies, and pumpkin spice lattes.
6. One thing no one knows about you.
I say a silent prayer and then touch the airplane as I am walking on for a safe flight.
7. Three things you would want with you on a deserted island.
A coloring book, an actual book, and lots of watermelon plants.
8. The one word your best friend would use to describe you.
9. If you were not pursuing a career in theatre, what would you be doing right now?
I would probably be studying to work in the health and wellness industry.
10. Hero or villain?
Villain. Poison Ivy’s got my hair.
11. Your life’s motto/mantra.
Oh man. Umm.. How about studio mantra: “guys, don’t panic..we are just playing dress-up”
12. Your favourite playwright.
Currently, Theresa Rebeck.
13. The role you are destined to play.
14. If you were a cartoon character what cartoon character would you be and why?
I would be Anna from Frozen because she’s super quirky, has red hair and is a feisty one.
15. What will it say on your grave marker?
I hope it would say something about my ability to love wholeheartedly.
16. Who would you most like to have dinner with?
Right now? My mom. My family is all back in Ottawa and I miss them so much.
17. Your idea of happiness.
Health, Safety, Love, and Laughter.
18. The one thing in your life that makes you most proud.
My self awareness.
19. Your most memorable moment at Studio 58.
Wooooah. Too many. Anything involving Liv Hutt, or Kathryn Shaw!
20. To be or not to be?
To be. Always … to be.