Meet Vancouver theatre artist and member of the Vancouver TheatreSports, Margret Nyfors.
Meet Margret Nyfors
Margret has been a mainstage performer with the Vancouver TheatreSports League (VTSL) for many years. She has performed in tournaments and festivals all over North America. She has been nominated for a Canadian Comedy award twice. Margret has also been a teacher of improv for years and is the co-director of the Rookie League at VTSL. She always enjoys encouraging growth and development in new players. Taking risks, challenging yourself and having fun are the key ingredients of her classes.
20 Questions with Margret Nyfors
1. Your first job.
2. The job you always wanted as a child?
3. Your pet peeve.
People who drive with their high beams on 24/7.
4. Your hero.
5. Your biggest indulgence.
Buying domain names that I think sound cool.
6. One thing no one knows about you.
I am horrifically shy.
7. Three things you would want with you on a deserted island.
Sunscreen. A development permit. A boat.
8. The one word your best friend would use to describe you.
9. If you were not doing what you are doing now, what would you be doing?
Selling soup at a farmers’ market.
10. Hero or villain?
11. Your life’s motto/mantra.
Yay, learning! Whether or not something works, I always cheer, “Yay Learning”, because I am stronger for the experience.
12. Your favourite playwright?
13. The last book you read.
“5 Second Rule” by Mel Robbins.
14. If you were a cartoon character what cartoon character would you be?
Marvin the Martian.
15. What will it say on your grave marker?
Margret Nyfors. Born 1421 – Died 2198.
16. Who would you most like to have dinner with?
17. Your idea of happiness.
Camping with my boyfriend and my dog.
18. If you could go back in time, what would you tell your twenty-year-old self?
19. The one thing in your life that makes you most proud.
Watching people nervously step foot into their first improv class. Watching them leave with confidence and joy.
20. To be or not to be?