Meet Vancouver theatre professional Sandra Medeiros.
Meet Sandra Medeiros
Sandra is a goddess who is really only naked some of the time. The rest of the time, she’s running around trying to get everything done. She clearly loves the angst and stomach aches that come with producing theatre, especially when she’s acting in the same show. This time around has been a unique experience as her twin daughters are performing in the show, as well. What is it people say about working with children and animals?
20 Questions with Sandra Medeiros
1. Your first job.
I worked the counter at the McDonald’s near my high school. Being a self-conscious teenager, I felt mortified about the ill fitting polyester pants that came with the uniform. But Friday nights were fun.
2. The job you always wanted as a child.
I was going to be a ballerina and fireman all at the same time. (They didn’t have firefighters back then, just firemen–that was not going to stop me.) As an adult, I combined both passions by having my own pole dancing room in my house.
3. Your pet peeve.
People who don’t shower!
4. Your hero.
My mom. Despite many struggles in life, she is always warm and loving and always greets me with a big hug and like she is so happy to see me.
5. Your biggest indulgence.
Right now, a long hot shower.
6. One thing no one knows about you.
I would love to live out in the countryside with my girls and cats and surrounded by every kind of animal. A place of nature and sanctuary.
7. Three things you would want with you on a deserted island.
Sorry, it has to be four things! My two adorable girls and my two furballs.
8. The one word your best friend would use to describe you.
9. If you were not pursuing a career in theatre, what would you be doing right now?
I would happily be a stay at mom!
10. Hero or villain?
A bit of both!
11. Your life’s motto/mantra.
Sometimes you just have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down. – Kobi Yamada
12. Your favourite playwright.
Judith Thompson – great Canadian playwright, gritty and real.
13. The last book you read.
The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo. Some of it I already do, some I have attempted and I certainly need to do more. Loved this book … a definite page turner for me!
14. If you were a cartoon character what cartoon character would you be and why?
Wonder Woman! Strong, smart and sexy–who doesn’t want to be all that?
15. What will it say on your grave marker?
She loved with all her heart.
16. Who would you most like to have dinner with?
My family. I love hosting family dinners and with the stress of being a single parent and working full time, I have not done this as much but am getting back into it. I love entertaining.
17. Your idea of happiness.
Happy and content kids, a clean house, being with the ones I love, and a peaceful outlook on life.
18. The one thing in your life that makes you most proud.
My girls are fun, creative, strong and loving and that makes me feel like somewhere along the way I must have given enough love, freedom and guidance.
19. If you could go back in time, what would you tell your 20-year old self?
Your butt is fine.
20. To be or not to be?
To be. To always be.