Meet Vancouver-based actor, Teach Grant.
Meet Teach Grant
Teach Grant has been a performer since his childhood days of putting on plays at community centres in Toronto. After studying Psychology at Carlton, and Theatre at Ottawa U, Teach decided to move across the country and give acting a real shot. He sold everything he had, and with $150 to his name, he flew to Vancouver and began the hustle.
After a series of black box theatre productions, Teach landed his first film role in the 1997 independent film Limp, opposite the late Michael Hutchence. Teach has become a fixture in the film and television landscape and has amassed an impressive list of credits. Up next for Teach is a lead role in Ana Valine’s Once There Was a Winter, premiering at the 2017 Vancouver International Film Festival. Teach also just finished filming a heavy recurring guest-star role on Netflix’s highest budgeted series Altered Carbon. and a recurring role on USA’s Damnation, premiering in October.
You can follow Teach Grant on Twitter.
20 Questions with Teach Grant
1. Your first job.
Stock boy or dishwasher. I was 12 and they were kind of around the same time. At any rate, I was terrible either way. Before that, I was an even worse paperboy, but that doesn’t really count.
2. The job you always wanted as a child.
I have it.
3. Your pet peeve.
4. Your hero.
I honestly don’t have one. If I did, they would surely disappoint me. It’s a set up.
5. Your biggest indulgence.
6. One thing no one knows about you.
I cried when I saw E.T. for the first time.
7. Three things you would want with you on a deserted island.
Wife, dogs, surfboard.
8. The one word your best friend would use to describe you.
9. If you were not an actor, what would you be doing right now?
10. Hero or villain?
11. Your life’s motto/mantra.
You can’t fight the waves, but you can learn to surf.
12. The song that gets the most play on your iTunes playlist.
I don’t have iTunes, but I’m digging acoustic covers on Spotify.
13. Your favourite play.
14. If you were a cartoon character which cartoon character would you be, and why?
Wiley Coyote, because I’m a glutton for punishment.
15. What will it say on your grave marker?
It didn’t hurt.
16. Who would you most like to have dinner with?
JFK. I have questions. Mostly about aliens.
17. Your idea of happiness.
18. If you could go back in time, what would you tell your twenty year old self?
Drop out and move to Vancouver.
19. The one thing in your life that makes you most proud.
I’m doing what I love.
20. To be or not to be?
‘Not to be’ is dead, so ‘to be’ sounds like the better option.